- Start: Saturday 21st March
- Prize Money 1st $1000.00 . 2nd $500.00 . 3rd $250.00
- Location: Main Area
- Contact Luke Drayton 0429 411 855
- Download Brochure (png file)
Do you live in rural NSW? Are you up for a challenge?
If so, then the Young Farmer’s Challenge is the ultimate test, with some great prizes up for grabs.
The Young Farmer Challenge is designed to promote excellence in farming and showcase the involvement of youth in agriculture through a display of the skills, equipment and techniques farmers use every day. Emphasis is placed on completing each challenge in the fastest time with the correct technique and safe work method.
What you need to know:
- The competition is open to teams of four young people (18 – 35yrs) involved in farming or other areas of the agricultural industry. Teams must be made up of at least one male and one female competitor.
- Work boots, long sleeve, collard shirt and hat or (PPE Helmet and Gloves when required) must be worn at all times during the Challenges otherwise ELIMINATION.
- Please bring water to drink and sunscreen to the Young Farmer’s Challenge.
- Entry is $20.00 per team. Pre enter at the show office or entries can be taken on the day with entry form below.
- Winning team will have the opportunity represent Upper Hunter Show at the 2016 Sydney Royal Easter Show.
- Prizes will include tickets to the 2016 Royal Easter Show, Team T-Shirts plus more.
- Be at the Muswellbrook Showground Saturday 21st March at 4.00pm for the run down on activities and 5.00pm start of event.